Monday, October 12, 2015

Why I choose my lens?


The lens that I choose was the feminist lens. I choose this lens because I want to learn more about how a woman figure plays the part of a male figure, without the male figure present. Knowing that the book ‘Beloved’ takes place after the Civil War and the Slavery Age, it truly caught my attention, on how a women is played and how her affects shape who she is today (in the book). This will be my first time analyzing a text within the feminist lens, which I am very excited for.  I hoping that I get a lot out of analyzing a text through feminist lens because it would be really interesting to me and how I can connect it to today's society.  Something that I can relate to this society, is how many moms are left alone, to raise their child on their own, rather than having father figure, the mother is having to play both figures for baby.

~Daniel Romero~

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed reading your reasoning behind why you chose the feminist lens. It would be useful to acknowledge how American society decades before differentiates from society now and why you find that intriguing- since a lot of changes have occurred regarding womens rights.

    ReplyDelete